Hurt on the Job? Know your Rights. 

​Your employer is required by law to have workers compensation insurance for accidental injury

 You must firstly file an injury report with your employer & obtain a claim number

 You are only allowed to have one physician in charge of care for the work injury per Hawaii state law

 APRN & PA can not treat you unless it was specified in the managing physician's original treatment plan

 Your specialist care must also be referred by the same managing physician

You can be paid for the miles you travel related to care, but you must track miles to submit to the state for payment 

Occupational Medicine

Occupational Medicine focuses on the prevention, evaluation, treatment and resolution of health conditions caused by the workplace environment. Specialists in occupational medicine are thoroughly trained to assess the origin of worker injury and illness, taking past history, work conditions and other factors into consideration so that injuries and illnesses are properly classified and treated appropriately to ensure workers’ safe return to work.

Specialists in occupational medicine are experts in managing and monitoring the clinical care of employees, and improving their well-being through health promotion and education, workplace hazard analysis, and ensuring workplace compliance with laws and safety standards.

Occupational Medicine and management of Worker's Compensation injuries or illness are done primarily from our Kona office with Dr. James Brooks.  

 Need a Physical for Work or School? We can help!

All of our Big Island locations have a FMCSA certified provider that can do a physical for your CDL / PUC / DOT licensing. This is not billable to insurance and the cost is $250 due at time of service, but most employers will reimburse the employee for the cost.

A basic physical for school or work can be done at any of our locations on Big Island or Maui. We do accept insurance for these yearly physicals and the cost is variable to your age and medical complexity.